A high performance DMA for classification of 1 nm particles
SEADM’s DMA P5 delivers the highest resolution and transmission available in the market even of ions and particles 1 nm in diameter, still at affordable costs. DMA P5 is particularly well suited for high space charge or high concentration sources of nanoparticles, such as electrospray, laser ablation, flames, etc.
Features and advantages
- High resolution for small ions (see results on Figure 3), yet an ability to cover the size range up to 5 nm (singly charged).
- Fast response (<1 ms) enabling scanning in conjunction with fast scanning instruments like quadrupole MS.
- Stand alone operation (control and monitorization units built-in) directly connected to PC-USB.
- High versatility: DMA P5 can work as a stand alone to deliver mobility spectra (Fig. 2) or can be tailored to couple it with your MS* to obtain 2D mobility-mass spectra (Fig. 4)
- Operational temperature up to 160ºC
Fig. 3 Spectrum results for THA+ ion. J. Rus et Al., International Journal of Mass Spectrometry 298 (2010) 30-40
Fig. 4 When coupled with a MS, the DMA P5 allows mobility-mass 2D analysis. Expele shown of in a polymer application
* Currently, interfaces –including hardware and software- are available for Bruker Impact HD, Shimadzu LCMS 2010, and many of ABSciex range mass spectrometers (please see specifications). If your favorite MS is not in this list, we will carry out the integration study for you.
Applications and sectors
Range of applications include:
- Atmospheric/climate research (See Ref. Maisser, 2016)
- Combustion (including nucleation studies)
- CPC calibration
- Environmental/pollution research
- Synthesis of nano-particles via gas or wet techniques
- Ultra-small nano-particles applications: medical imaging, drug delivery, catalysis, etc.
- Biomolecule analysis
- Generation of particle standards